- Browser Extensions
- Mobile Apps
- Desktop Apps
- Web Apps
- Developer Libraries
Know something that belongs on this list? Drop me a line!
Here are the official Pinboard browser plugins:
Opera users can try a third-party extension - Pinboard Toolbar buttons - for quick bookmarking and tagging.
I don't make an iPhone or Android app for Pinboard, but encourage any third-party apps that want to add Pinboard support.
Here's a short list of some of those great third-party apps:
- Delibar offers built-in support for Pinboard, global search for all your bookmarks, multi-account support, saved searches, and many more features.
- Yummy is a full-featured Pinboard client.
- Pinswift is a nerd-friendly Pinboard app for iOS.
- Mr. Reader is a feed reader for iPad with Pinboard support.
- Pushpin is a dedicated Pinboard client for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Pinner is a dedicated iPhone app for Pinboard.
- Reeder is a feed reader and Google Reader client that lets you save items to Pinboard.
- Tweetbot is a Twitter iPhone client with Pinboard support.
- Shiori is a Pinboard and Delicious OS X client.
- Delibar. Full-featured bookmarking app with very nice interface.
- Thumbtack. Puts your recent Pinboard items in the menu bar.
- Spillo. A pretty desktop client for OS X.
- ReadKit is a read later client for Mac that supports Instapaper, Pocket, Readability, Pinboard and Delicious.
- NetNewsWire. User patrix has posted instructions for posting to Pinboard from NetNewsWire.
- Little Bookmark Box is a browser assistant for bookmarking, with Pinboard integration.
- Diddums is a tiny Mac app for adding bookmarks to Pinboard.
- Net::Delicious — OOP wrapper for the Pinboard API.
- pinboard.py — a full-featured Python wrapper for the Pinboard API.
- python-pinboard — forked version of mudge/delicious.
- pinboard-api — a PHP library for the Pinboard API.
- node-pinboard — a Node wrapper for the Pinboard API.
Don't like Pinboard? Try one of my fine competitors:
- Google Bookmarks — Store bookmarks within your Google account.
- Diigo — Freemium bookmarking site. Free tier shows ads.
- Historio.us — Freemium site with emphasis on search.
- Gimmebar — Saves page snapshots and integrates with Facebook/Twitter.
- Pearltrees — Flash-intensive bookmarking and visualization tool.
- BibSonomy — University-sponsored bookmarking and publication tracking site.