Pinboard or Delicious?
Switch if you want...
- Speed, speed, speed
- An information-dense user interface.
- An ad-free site with no third-party tracking.
- A way to save notes and other snippets of text as bookmarks.
- No length limits on descriptions.
- A way to quickly save and restore open tabs.
- Built-in integration with Instapaper.
- A fandom-friendly site.
- Built-in sync of links and favorites from multiple Twitter accounts.
- A searchable archive of all your tweets and favorites.
- The ability to bookmark by email from your iPhone.
- Strong privacy controls, including private tags only you can see.
- Quick-edit features to organize lots of bookmarks at once.
- Prompt and helpful support from the developer.
- A permanent personal copy of every bookmark you save.
- Full-text search of all your bookmarks
- Dead link and error detection
...and if you get the $25/year archival account:
Stay if you…
- Like a more graphical UI.
- Don't want to pay for bookmarking.
- Want to see thumbnails of your bookmarks.
- Want to auto-post to Twitter from your account.
- Want to use the new 'stacks' feature.
- Like the thrill of hosting bookmarks with a new company.
- Rely on the Firefox plugin and sidebar.
- Use bookmarks for SEO or marketing.
- Want the ability to have whitespace in your tags.