- Browser Extensions
- Mobile Apps
- Desktop Apps
- Web Apps
- Developer Libraries
Know something that belongs on this list? Drop me a line!
Here are the official Pinboard browser plugins:
Opera users can try a third-party extension - Pinboard Toolbar buttons - for quick bookmarking and tagging.
I don't make an iPhone or Android app for Pinboard, but encourage any third-party apps that want to add Pinboard support.
Here's a short list of some of those great third-party apps:
- Instapaper, the widely-beloved mobile reader app, now lets you automatically save items to Pinboard.
- Pocket, the other widely-beloved mobile reader app, also supports Pinboard.
- Delibar offers built-in support for Pinboard, global search for all your bookmarks, multi-account support, saved searches, and many more features.
- Yummy is a full-featured delicious client that now supports Pinboard in 'experimental' mode.
- Pushpin is a dedicated Pinboard client for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Pinner is a dedicated iPhone app for Pinboard.
- Pinbook is a fast Pinboard client for iPhone
- Reeder is a feed reader and Google Reader client that lets you save items to Pinboard.
- Delicious Bookmark Discovery (DBD) is a full-featured Delicious client for the iPad that has recently added support for Pinboard.
- Tweetbot is a Twitter iPhone client with Pinboard support.
- Bookmark All is a multi-account bookmarking app.
- Sunstroke is a Pinboard-enabled Fever reader for iPhone.
- Delibar. Full-featured bookmarking app with very nice interface.
- Thumbtack. Puts your recent Pinboard items in the menu bar.
- Delish. A desktop app for Pinboard.
- ReadKit is a read later client for Mac that supports Instapaper, Pocket, Readability, Pinboard and Delicious.
- NetNewsWire. User patrix has posted instructions for posting to Pinboard from NetNewsWire.
- ifttt. An extremely useful all-purpose site for glueing various services together.
- stumbleup.in. A Pinboard discovery tool modeled on Stumbleupon.
- Yahoo Pipes. Not Pinboard-specific, but allows you to mix and match Pinboard RSS feeds in useful ways.
- Tumblr. You can auto-post your Pinboard bookmarks to Tumblr using Pummel.
- Twitter. Pinboard has extensive built-in support for Twitter. You can automatically add all links from your tweets and Twitter favorites as bookmarks, and store your tweets on the site for future reference.
- Wordpress. We maintain our own Wordpress plugin. Both it and the popular Postalicious let you display your most recent public bookmarks in your Wordpress blog
- Free Your Links. Free Your Links is a handy import tool for bringing Google Bookmarks into Pinboard.
Don't like Pinboard? Try one of my fine competitors:
- Delicious — Granddaddy of them all, now under new management.
- Google Bookmarks — Store bookmarks within your Google account.
- Diigo — Freemium bookmarking site. Free tier shows ads.
- Zootool — More visually-oriented bookmarking.
- Kippt — Very pretty, Instapaper-like site out of Finland.
- Historio.us — Freemium site with emphasis on search.
- Gimmebar — Saves page snapshots and integrates with Facebook/Twitter.
- Pearltrees — Flash-intensive bookmarking and visualization tool.
- Mr. Wong — Paid bookmarking site based in Europe.
- LinkBoard — New free bookmarking site.
- StashMarks — British bookmarking service that integrates with Chrome bookmarks.
- Miitla — Free bookmarking site, no further info available.
- Net::Delicious — OOP wrapper for the Pinboard API.
- python-pinboard — forked version of mudge/delicious.
- pinboard-api — a PHP library for the Pinboard API.